Even if you are scattered to the farthest corners of the earth, the LORD your God will gather you together and bring you back.
– Deuteronomy 30:4 GNT
We are so excited about coming together again for a special service this weekend at the Bay Area’s premier outdoor concert venue, Shoreline Amphitheater. This will be the first time we’ve had all nine of our Bay Area Sunday Services together since the beginning of the pandemic, and we’re looking forward to God bringing us all back as a family!
This year’s service will feature the return of many favorite activities (train rides, the Treatbot ice cream truck, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, and more) as well as some new additions.
Today, we want to make sure you’re prepared with all the information you need to have a safe, fun, and spiritual experience at this year’s service.
Let’s make Shoreline 2022 a healthy & safe space!
We look forward to our 2022 Shoreline Service being not only a spiritually inspiring time but also a safe place for everyone, especially as we are in the middle of a significant COVID-19 surge.
We are a large church that reaches every part of our Bay Area community and includes some who are more vulnerable or immuno-compromised. Out of consideration and care for everyone, we strongly encourage everyone to help by wearing a mask.
As we approach our service this weekend, please keep yourself safe. Wear a mask indoors when you are uncertain and be mindful of high-risk activities.
We are adding several features and precautions to keep our service healthy and safe:
- All Children’s Ministry workers and Spiritual Resource workers will be taking rapid COVID-19 tests the morning before the class and will be wearing masks.
- If you or your child is sick or showing any symptoms, please stay at home out of consideration for all.
- Upon entering the gate, each person will receive a water bottle. Prepackaged communion and hand wipes will already be at each seat.
- When you come into the amphitheater, you will notice that we have some seats sectioned off to keep added spacing as a safety measure.
- Following the service, you will see balloons on the upper lawn that designate areas for families and friends to join together for their picnic in small groups while allowing for social distancing in between groups. You can bring a tent for shade but remember that tent stakes are not allowed on the upper lawn.
- As with all large venues in the Bay Area, every entrance will be equipped with metal detectors, wanding, and bag check.
- There will be express “fast-pass” lanes available for families with special needs, the elderly, and those without bags.
What to expect as you arrive
As you drive up to Shoreline, blue or yellow balloons will line the street leading up to the venue and guide you to the entrance (see directions below). Our parking attendants in their bright gold “Together Again” T-shirts will greet you with a smile and guide you to your parking spot. Once you’re at the gates, you will see ushers in royal blue T-shirts, costume characters coming to greet the kids, and the train and bounce castles inside the gates just waiting for you!
To facilitate your arrival and reduce crowding at the parking entrances, we’re designating specific parking entrances as you come from southbound and northbound Highway 101. Look for directions from your area below:
- From 101 Southbound: Follow the blue balloons. Drive Southbound Highway 101, EXIT #400A Rengstorff Avenue, turn RIGHT on Amphitheater Pkwy, turn LEFT on Bill Graham Pkwy (Entrance to Amphitheater).
- From 101 Northbound: Follow the yellow balloons. Drive Northbound Highway 101, EXIT #399A Shoreline Blvd, turn RIGHT on N Shoreline Boulevard, turn LEFT on Bill Graham Pkwy (Entrance to Amphitheater)
Arrival & Entry
Set your mind to arrive at 10:30 AM. As Shoreline’s security crew this year is providing a thorough screening at the gates, give yourself plenty of time to park and get to your seat.
Children’s & Spiritual Resource Ministry
Children’s Ministry classes will be for 1-4 year olds. We also provide a Spiritual Resource Class for children up through teens with special needs.
We are providing seating sections for campus, teens and MS families. Gold and purple balloons will be marking the seating areas in the amphitheater for teens and campus students up front. (Go to bacc.cc/shoreline for the site map with seating chart, CM & SRM class locations and more.)
Stick around after service!
For lunch, we will have four food trucks and our annual favorite Treatbot ice cream truck! Food truck menus are also provided at bacc.cc/shoreline. You can bring your own lunch or purchase a lunch on site. (REMINDER: Shoreline does not allow grills or glass containers, so please plan accordingly. Shoreline also does not allow tent stakes in the grass, so you can bring tents for shade but they must be weighted down). Either way, plan on enjoying a great picnic experience complete with all the usual costume characters, bouncers, and train rides for the kids!
Our 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament will begin at 1:00 PM in the parking lot. This is a competitive tournament of over 20 teams with MS, High School and Adult divisions. It is a lot of fun to participate in and equally fun to watch.
Single Professionals Luau Lounge
Single professionals are invited to the VIP Terrace Lounge after the service. Bring your lunch and enjoy music, games and making new friends.
We are praying for the safety and health of everyone going into this weekend, and we can’t wait to be together again to see how God is moving to make us even stronger together!
See you soon,
Ray and Amy Kim