We are one day away from our spring college retreat, this year entitled “Bold: Be the Difference.” Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect at this inspiration-packed weekend:
Friday April 22
6:00 pm – Registration opens
- Look for the registration table in the lobby of the Hyatt Place. You’ll see other students signing in, and programs for the event laid out on display.
- After signing in, check in to the hotel at the front desk to receive a key card for your room.
- Feel free to drop off your belongings in your room and then come back down to mingle before the opening session.
- Make your way into the ballroom and ask around to find out where other students from your campus are sitting.
7:00 pm – Opening session: Bold – Be the Difference
- The evening will kick off with an introductory welcome, which will outline the agenda for the weekend
- Entertainment will follow, as well as a short prayer to set the tone for the night.
- The evening’s speakers will consist of several Bay Area college students and alumni, each of whom have stories that reflect what it means to be bold and make a difference in the world. A keynote speech will cap off the opening event, and will provide food for thought and discussion points for the rest of the weekend.
9:00 pm – Grab food and hang out
There are tons of nearby places to go to grab some food and connect with all the new people you meet at the retreat. We’ll also have a lounge set up in the hotel where you can bring your food back, hang out and make the most of the weekend by connecting with other college students from around the Bay Area.
If you’re new to the San Jose area, here are a few classic eateries that aren’t too far from the hotel:
- La Victoria Taqueria (aka “La Vic’s”): Just four blocks away from the Hyatt, it’s a staple San Jose meal – don’t forget to lather on the special “Orange” sauce!
- Johnny Rocket’s – Can’t go wrong with this classic burger joint and a milkshake.
- Pizza My Heart: Right across the street from La Vic’s you can just grab a slice if you can’t make up your mind. There’s a ton of seating so you can cram anyone you meet that day in there!
- Iguanas: Home of the Burritozilla … Can you defeat it?
Saturday April 23
8-10 am – Breakfast
- Prior to the start of Session 1, a complementary breakfast will be provided in the lobby, near the ballrooms.
- Make your way there early, and don’t miss out on some great food and great conversations
10-11:15 am – Session 1: Living Boldly
- There will be two classes during session one; choose the one that fits you the best. In these classes we’ll hear from students who have decided to make a difference with their lives by having the courage to live boldy.
- Class 1: The Courage to Care
- Class 2: The Courage to be Real
11:30-12:15 – Session 2: Adventure of a Lifetime
- We will all meet together for our final class of the weekend.
12:30-2:30 – Lunch at the park
- Join us for lunch at Biebrach Park in San Jose.
- Pizza will be provided. We’ll also have basketball, volleyball, ultimate frisbee and football games to join in on.
- This will be a great time to have conversations, make new friends, and create fun memories!
There’s still time to register for the retreat if you haven’t already. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to connect with other Bay Area difference-makers! We look forward to seeing you this weekend.