Everyone needs some time to stop, read, and reflect on God. Grab a notebook and enjoy the journey.
Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.
Pray that your eyes may be opened to the power of God and His Word.
- Do you realize that the scriptures are rich in wisdom and insight; powerful enough to open the most hardened and blinded hearts.
- Do you get insights from your own personal time with God or do you depend on other people’s?
- What new things has God revealed to you this week?
Make a list of things that you don’t have answers for and pray God will open your eyes and reveal things to you. Find at least 3-4 Scriptures to answer each concern.
15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.
16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
2 Kings 6:15-17
… to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
Pray to open the eyes of others.
- Do you have friends that help open your eyes to see the truth? (Help you turn from darkness to light.)
- Do you help to open your friends’ eyes to see God more clearly? Do you pray that God will help you to do this effectively?
- Who have you prayed for that their eyes would be opened to see God more clearly?
Decide to make a Bible study for a friend that will help reveal some truth in their life.
Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
Pray to see and help others.
- Did you pray today that God would help you make friends with someone who you can help?
Additional Scriptures for Further Study
- Genesis 21:19
- Isaiah 42:6-7
- Luke 11:9-10
- Mark 8:25