Why do emotions matter? The way we handle our emotions will affect every part of our lives—including our faith, our relationships, and our capacity to love others. We need to understand what shapes our emotions if we want to have relationships with God and others that are emotionally healthy and close.
- Which emotions do you tend to feel most each day? What are some things that shape your emotions?
- How do you feel like you have been handling your emotions?
- What do you need God’s help with most (prayer, God’s Word, relationships) to help you grow in the way you handle your emotions?
- Read Psalm 20-30 to increase your emotional awareness and expression.
- Read the study 6 Scriptures on Emotions That Will Help You Enjoy God to learn how your emotions can enrich your relationship with God.