June 20-26, Koinonia Conference Grounds
New camper interest form
Please complete this application and we will notify you if we are able to accommodate your child.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We will meet or exceed the current safety suggestions of the CDC and local public health departments, including:
- Outdoor meals and activities
- Outdoor classes; indoor classes in pods
- Masking – Masks will be worn at all times indoors and outdoors (except for those fully vaccinated).
- Proper physical distancing
- Testing – All attendees will take a Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the start of camp. Fully vaccinated attendees do not need to take a test before coming to camp.
- Frequent handwashing and sanitation
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times – to reduce crowding.
Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated campers CAN stay overnight IF:
- They self-quarantine 14 days prior to camp. Self-quarantine recommendations include the following:
- Avoiding traveling
- Avoiding crowds and staying at least 6 feet apart
- Avoiding being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness
- Self-monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms;
- Following all state and local recommendations or requirements
2. They have a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of camp. (Either a PCR (lab) negative test result or at-home/self-test antigen negative test result is acceptable.)
Yes. We have developed safety practices to meet or exceed the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Santa Cruz County health specialists.
All BACC overnight counselors will have received at least one vaccine dose by June 6, 2021.
Koinonia requests that their staff members who live on-site be vaccinated but do not require it. All staff who stay on-site have daily health screenings.
Yes, we are asking all attendees who are not fully vaccinated to test for Covid-19 within 72 hours of their arrival at camp. You can use an at-home rapid Covid-19 test.
**If the cost of the test is difficult for your family, please contact your sector leader to arrange a church-subsidized rapid test upon arrival at camp.
Yes. We have two pick-up times for day campers:
- Early pickup – 6 pm (after dinner)
- Late pickup – 9 pm (after bonfire and evening activities)
**A different pick-up time can be arranged for your camper as needed.
Any camper or staff who presents COVID-19 symptoms will quarantine in our designated isolation areas. We will follow all public health requirements.
We will conduct a rapid COVID-19 test, and the family of the camper will immediately be contacted by the camp nurse.
If a camper tests positive for COVID-19, parents/guardians should plan to arrive at camp to pick them up within three hours.
If your camper attends less than 50% of the camp, you will only be charged 50% of the camp fees. Generally, refunds are not issued if your camper attends more than 50% of the camp.
If your camper tests positive for Covid-19 upon arrival at camp and is sent home, you will be refunded in full.
Day campers can be dropped off at camp at 9 am. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included in their camp fees.
The middle school day camp schedule is:
- Sunday, June 20, 12 pm-9 pm **
- Monday, June 21, 9 am-9 pm**
- Tuesday, June 22, 9 am-12 pm
**You can pick up your camper at early pickup (6 pm) or arrange a different pick up time as needed.
The high school day camp schedule is:
- Wednesday, June 23, 12 pm-9 pm**
- Thursday, June 24, 9 am-9 pm**
- Friday, June 25, 9 am-12 pm
**You can pick up your camper at early pickup (6 pm) or arrange a different pickup time as needed.
Middle School Camp
- Day camp (Sun – Tues): $290
- Single-day (includes three meals): $145
If kids age 12-15 are eligible for vaccines, we will have an overnight camp option available for middle schoolers who have received one dose by June 6, 2021.
High School Camp
- Overnight camp (Wed-Fri): $330
- Day camp (Wed-Fri): $290
- Single-day (includes one overnight and three meals): $165